“Alex's technical knowledge of the web is outstanding. He is an expert on web standards, web content management, user interface design and development, social media, business process improvement, browser compatibility, and many other areas. He is equally adept working in both open-source and enterprise technologies and programming languages.
“Alex creates exceptional user experiences, helping stakeholders focus on goals and objectives before designing a web site which will meet user needs. He has a keen understanding of how to structure roles on a web project in order to achieve long-term success within the company, and is able to create models and visualizations supporting these perspectives.”—Zach Roth, Project Director, URMC
Competencies & Skills
- Project management concepts including life cycle methodology, needs assessment and usability, information architecture, content strategy, SEO and conversion, and analytics
- 13 years experience in web development and user interface design
- Server-side programming: PHP, ASP.Net with C#, and ColdFusion
- Client-side templating: Smarty, Razor, AngularJS
- Web frameworks: CodeIgniter, ASP.Net MVC, and ColdFusion on Wheels
- Content management: WordPress, Umbraco, Textpattern, and Cascade Server
- Wireframing and design: Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Balsamiq
- Client-side frameworks including jQuery
- Database experience: SQL Server and MySQL
- Version control: Subversion, Git, Mercurial and Team Foundation Server
- Environments: Windows/IIS and Linux/Apache
- Software Engineer, Pharos Systems International
- June 2012–present
- Designed/developed of web applications for the managed print space.
- Lead Web Developer, University of Rochester Medical Center
- July 2010–June 2012
- Designed/developed of web applications for use in various institutional business processes and workflows.
- Senior Web Developer, University of Rochester Medical Center
- September 2007–June 2010
- Designed/developed of enterprise-level and multiple department-level websites
- Production Manager, Cazbah
- September 2004–September 2007
- Managed a production team of two specialists, and designed/developed of multiple client e-commerce websites.
- Web Developer, Element K
- October 2003–December 2003
- Developed of co-brands for Element K's Learning Management Systems. Reshaped client-supplied content for use in the LMS.
- Software Engineer, AHT
- June 2000–July 2002
- Developed web applications for print server management software and product licensing servers.
Additional Projects (Continuous)
- Designer/developer for this social website for a nationwide swing dance community. www.yehoodi.com
- Groove Juice Swing
- Content strategist, designer/developer for this website for a dance instruction group. Also designer/developer for various event websites. www.groovejuiceswing.com, www.stompology.com
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- BS in Information Technology (May 2000)